Waterguard Magic, is a biochemically modified chemical solution that provides long- term water proofing and durability benefits to concrete. It penetrate into concrete and reacts with free calcium and water to form a calcium silicate gel complex in cracks, pores and capillaries. This gel creates a sub- surface barrier against the ingress of water and contaminants such as chloride ions. Waterguard Magic will seal existing leaking cracks to 2.00 mm. In the matrix the product remains reactive when in contact with water to provide auto generous healing properties to future hairline cracks.
Advantages of Waterguard Magic are as follows:
- Permanently seals cracks up to 2.00 mm.
- Reseals future hairline cracking.
- Reduction of chloride diffusion coefficient (ASTM C 1202) by 89% to 3.5 x 10 -12m2 /s.
- Water permeability (DIN1048) reduced by 70 % to 5.0 x 10-12 m/s at 10 kg/cm2.
- Increase surface hardness from 6 to 8 on Moh’s scale.
- Reduces scaling in freeze – thaw environments by 89 % at 50 cycles.
- Allows 84.1% moisture vapour permeability.
- Non Toxic – Certified suitability for potable water.
- It is giving 100 years warranty with no further maintenance cost.
Waterguard magic can be used to the following Areas
- Rooftops & Podium Decks
- Car- parks.
- Wharf Decks & Marine Structures
- Airport Runways, Taxiways, Aprons
- Water Retaining Structures
- Colourless, clear to slightly opaque, odourless, and soapy feel.
- Non- toxic & Bio- degradable
- Percent non- volatile solids: 27.7 %
- Specific gravity at 25 C : Between 1.2 and 1.225
- Flash point: no true flash- boils at 101 C
- Auto ignition temperature: N/A Non- explosive
- Viscosity: 14.3 centipoises or 0.1172 stokes.
- Tiled areas (not terracotta or glass -glazed)
- Tiled shower recesses
- Pre- cast elements & panels
- Cement Tiles
- Water tank
Waterguard Magic has the following Limitations
- It is not suitable for negative hydrostatic pressure applications such as the inside face of an basement/ retaining wall
- It is not suitable for sealing working/ volatile cracks as a result of stuctural defects or caused by mechanical damage.
- It is not suitable for sealing where segregation and voids are likely such as construction joints, pour joints
- Not suitable around penetrations where there is a non- masonry/ cemntitious interface.