Who you’ll be working for:
A large Civil Engineering contractor working within the Telecoms, Rail, Energy, Water and Electricity Sectors across Ireland and the UK, due to ongoing project work and expansion of their business across Ireland, currently have an opportunity for a Junior / Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their Belfast operations.
A growing and successful company employing over 5,000 staff globally, generating revenues in excess of £400Mil.
What you’ll need to have:
The successful candidate will preferably be a degree qualified Quantity Surveyor / Civil Engineer, have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Civil / Construction / Mechanical projects, with preferable experience within the Utilities sector.
Ideally you will have the ability to read and interpret mechanical engineering and technical drawings, have a working understanding of procurement, stock management, health and safety best practice and legislation.
Confidence is key within this role. An ability to deal confidently with internal and external stakeholders at all levels with a strong customer focus and commitment to quality of service.
You will possess strong computer skills and competency in basic MS office applications – outlook, excel, word and project.
What you’ll be doing:
Reporting to and working along side senior members of the QS team as well as commercial managers, holding responsibility for effective financial and contractual control on all contracts allocated, including preparation of tender documents, measurement of works for operatives monetary payment systems, measuring of and payments to contractors and subcontractors, along with certification and settlement of final accounts.
- Provide comprehensive financial and surveying related information as required by Senior Management, including monthly performance review meetings.
- Measure the works for payment and final account purposes. Record of dimensions to be kept.
- Support the estimators with additional support as and when pending capacity issues.
- Project Manage smaller schemes where necessary.
- Preparation and submission of valuations and final accounts.
- Record and agree of extra works and day works
- Record all relevant events for delay and loss and expense claims.
- Monitor and ensure that full payment is received for all work claimed and certified.
- Measurement, certification and agreement of subcontractor accounts.
- Assist site management in provision of statistics and other surveying related information for Client meetings.
What you’ll get in return:
A fantastic opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor at the start of their career to join a successful company, with full training and development opportunities. Salary will dependent on experience and abilities.
The Breagh Team:
Breagh Recruitment are the go to specialist construction and engineering recruitment consultants across the UK and Ireland, with an ethos based on flexibility, hard work and a bit of good old common sense. We live within these core values servicing our clients and candidates on a daily basis.
Key roles we recruit for include: Health & Safety managers, project managers, construction managers, site engineers, quantity surveyors, civil engineers, estimators, buyers, bid managers and site supervisors, across Ireland and the UK.